Our Itinerary!!

9/19-10/4 Brisbane, AUS
10/6-10/18 Northern Queensland, AUS
10/20-10/31 Heron Island Research Station, AUS
11/3-11/11 Moreton Bay Research Station, AUS
11/12-11/20 Sydney, AUS
11/21-12/11 Brisbane, AUS

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hang out with kangaroos? Check!

I have a much longer more detailed way overdue post in fabrication right now describing our entire first week... but my friend Casey just put this picture up and I just needed to share it.
This past friday a large group of us decided to take advantage of our free afternoon and go to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary-- an incredible zoo, home to many indigenous Australian animals such as platypus, kangaroos, crocodiles, and of course, koalas. The picture above shows Casey and I with the kangaroos. This park puts every petting zoo to SHAME! Never in my life did I think I would ever see a kangaroo, much less pet one and feed one. Unbelievable, gorgeous animals.

Post to come soon!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment